One of the challenges when shopping for an electric bike is knowing what ebike brands are reputable. In my latest video I wanted to feature Ride1Up electric bikes. My goal with Ebike Escape is to help people hone in on a few different ebike brands that they should consider. This is why you’ll see me promote discount codes from just a handful of ebike companies I personally believe in. Over time I hope to review many of the various offerings in the market today.
Earlier this year I came across Ride1Up and was intrigued by the prices of their ebikes. After doing further research I found many happy customers. While the company is smaller than others it is clear that they have some scale and they now have a few years of selling ebikes under their belts. Recently, the company announced two new models to their lineup: the Core-5 and LMT’D. You can expect more content about Ride1Up since I have a LMT’D on the way. If you’re interested in comparing their models I recently did a video reviewing the entire Ride1Up lineup.
In order to further get to know Ride1Up and other ebike companies I decided to start a new series on my YouTube channel interviewing the founders. Kevin Duggar, the owner of Ride1Up was willing to join me virtually to discuss a wide variety of topics. He even teased the latest ebike model that they will offer which will be initially priced at $995.
In this Interview with Kevin Duggar from Ride1Up Electric Bikes You Will Learn:
- How Kevin came to found Ride1Up and the mission of the company.
- Where Ride1Up sits in the current ebike marketplace and why Kevin opted for a direct to consumer model
- What the last few months has looked like for Ride1Up including comments on COVID-19 impacts, competitive landscape, consumer demand and current challenges.
- Discussion about the first ebike model offered by Ride1Up and the current lineup.
- What goes on behind the scenes at Ride1Up.
- Whether it’s feasible to produce ebikes in the United States.
- The latest model to be offered by Ride1Up
- Future changes coming to Ride1Up electric bikes and Kevin’s comments on the future of ebikes.
- The one thing that excites Kevin the most about the ebike industry.
- Ride1Up discounts for taking the pledge to reduce commuting.